Background

Friday, June 27, 2008

Week 18

Well, my belly keeps getting bigger. It's terrific!!! When we got back from the reunion and saw Jim, my father-in-law, he asked me if I had been eating baby food because it was so much bigger! Bartok is now the size of a sweet potato. B is yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing. I'm supposed to feel the baby sometime between this week and week 22! I'm facing a new challenge: sleeping comfortably. Well, I feel comfortable when I fall asleep and I have no trouble getting into the dream stage. But I wake up and feel like I slept like this:
I'll have to get creative with pillows!! I'm sure Shamus is really excited about that... seeing how he loves to throw all but 2 pillows onto the floor every night. I've also come to the realization that I can no longer wear my non-maternity clothes. Since I got so many last week, it isn't that big of a deal. It's actually pretty fun having a new wardrobe that is super comfortable! Shamus asked why maternity pants and shorts aren't just in style for everyone since they're so much more comfortable and they don't really look weird. I didn't have an answer for him. I suppose that we American women associate discomfort with good style. Don't be surprised if you see me hanging out in maternity clothes long after the baby is born. (That is, after some time of not wearing them at all seeing how every mother I've talked to said the first thing they wanted to do was throw away their maternity clothes.)
The Marzonie reunion was a blast!! The highlights include:
the ping-pong tournament, the corn hole tournament (bean bag tossing), a wedding shower, playing with the second cousins, the Wii, telling everyone I am pregnant (although most knew or suspected it), Apples to Apples (particularly the Helen Keller card), and tons of food. It was the first annual Marzonie reunion and we've already started making plans for the second!
We're off to Charleston this afternoon for the weekend to see another friend walk the aisle and to hang out with some other good friends from college. Then, Monday, we close on the house!!!
Coming up in July, we've got...

- A Brannaka wedding

- A Culpepper reunion
- A Brannaka reunion

- Painting and decorating the new house and moving in!

1 comment:

MorganRose said...

I CANNOT wait to see you guys in PA!!! And I definitely went into a children's toy shop yesterday to look at toys for boys...don't worry-I held off buying anything (for now!!)

ANd I know I wrote about it on facebook, but I really think you should post the pic sam took of you (Karen) and Weston. You look so beautiful, and that's the first shot I've seen of you looking for serious preggers. It made me tear up a lil (true story).

I miss you both with all of my guts. xoxox